Trevor has been getting more and more excited about his new baby sister. He talks about her a lot and uses her name. We're trying to keep her name a secret...but he just might let it out!! Yesterday morning at breakfast, Trevor looked at me with a confused look on his face and said, "When's baby ______ comin'?". After I stopped laughing I told him she would come home in March. I guess it would help if he even knew what "March" was, huh?? But, then a few days before that I asked him about his new baby and he said, "____'s loud, how bout Grant?". Grant Carter is the boy name we picked out. So, if our baby girl comes out a boy, that is what we are naming him. Or if we have another child in the future who is a boy, that is what we will name him. But, anyway, overall I think Trevor is really excited about having a sister. We were in Walmart yesterday getting some milk and bread and I told him I think we're done and that we have everything we came in for. And then he says, "Look baby stuff for ____". So we went over to the baby department and he picked out so much pink stuff. He kept saying , "Pink for ____", That for ____". So, now I'm just hoping that he's not going to completely change his mind about her when she actually does come home!! I guess we'll see in a few months!
Oh and something else he does now...he has become quite the back seat driver. I guess I made a mistake when I thought I'd teach him that a green light means go and red light means stop. As we were driving through town on the busy road with lots of stoplights and traffic, Trevor precedes to yell "Mommy, red light! Look, red light! Red light, red light, red light!!!" And this is a few blocks away from that particular red light. Needless to say, I stopped just fine. :/ And whenever there was a green light that we were coming up on, he kept saying, "Green light, Mommy. Uh oh, oh, oh, oh !!" And then after we made it through he said, "Made it mommy! Good Job!" It's really something else to get compliments on your driving from a 2 year old!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment