Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Updates

We finally went to a playdate Tuesday. It was at a park and it was a bit windy..ok...a lot windy. I had planned to leave Clara at home with Clayton and just take Trevor. But, then he took a 24 hour overtime shift so she came with us. Trevor loved getting to see some of his friends again. It had been way too long since our last playdate, which was probably early March. Clara, however, cried pretty much the whole time. She wasn't the youngest baby there though! One of my friends has a newborn that is about 4 weeks younger than Clara. So, while I had my camera and intended to take pictures, I was trying to calm Clara down the whole time and watching to make sure Trevor wasn't falling off any of the equipment!! Maybe next time!

We've been trying to get out and go for walks and to a park every day that it is nice. Sometimes it's just too cold for Clara though. It also takes FOREVER to get everyone ready and out the door and into the stroller. Clara hates being put in her carseat. She screams as soon as she's in there. It takes quite a while to get her calmed down and then she's usually fine to go anywhere. Then, Trevor wants to do everything himself (that's a rule for all 2 year olds, right?) so I wait for him to get his shoes on only for them to be on the wrong feet so it takes another 5 minutes for him to get them on. (The #1 requirement for this "mommy gig" is definitely patience) Then, we have to walk down the stairs and get the humongous stroller out of the car(that's the only place we have to store it) and get both of them strapped in. Finally we get to go on our walk. We get the mail, we get some new books at the library and we go to the park. Clara starts screaming like she is starving and hasn't eaten in days when in fact she ate right before we left the house. I try everything to calm her down and nothing is working. So, we have to leave and go home. She calms down on the way home and actually doesn't wake up for another hour after we get back inside. Maybe she just doesn't like parks..I don't know. But that was our day.

Clay will get home tomorrow morning at 7:30am (hopefully) after working 48 hours straight. Like I mentioned earlier, he picked up a shift yesterday and he had his normal shift today. But, I survived. I'm stressed...but I survived. And I really need to go to bed now. Clara woke up at 5:30am to be fed and Trevor woke up at 6am all ready to start the day. Not even "resting time" happened for Trevor today. Both children are asleep now. And while I should pick up the toys all over the living room floor, and put the dishes in the dishwasher...there's always tomorrow.


Clara likes playing on her zoo animal mat.


Her face is definitely filling out! Look at those cheeks already!

Trevor likes to paint with water.


He used way too much water for painting the pages. It soaked through the next 3 or 4 pages. Oh well!! He had fun!

No comments: