Sunday, February 22, 2009

How they play...

This is from a from last month but I still remember clearly what happened. This is pretty typical of how they play together.

Trevor: Oh, Clara! That's my drum! (it's actually a tambourine)
Me: Trevor, how about you go get the maracas to give to her.
[He goes and get the maracas and gives one to Clara, takes the drum]
[Everyone is happy...Trevor is just being serious.]
[Still happy...]
Clara Thinks: Hey! He took the drum from me and gave me this stupid maraca! I'm getting the drum back!
Clara Thinks: GIVE IT BACK! GIVE IT BACK!
Trevor: No, Clara! You have the maraca! I'm drumming! (Notice his tongue sticking out in determination to keep his tambourine-drum.)


Clara Thinks: Fine then, I'm leaving.

Trevor: Wait Clara!!


Trevor: Here Clara. You can play with it.
I didn't intervene at all. I did tell Trevor that he was a very nice big brother to have done that, though.

No comments: