Monday, October 12, 2009

Have you missed us?

Here is a very unorganized list of fun stuff that has been going on around here!

  • Trevor really likes going to preschool. I still haven't gotten used to dropping him off and then leaving him there (even if it IS only for two hours and 15 minutes), but I'll get there...right? ;)
  • Clara misses her big brother while his is at preschool. When we get back home, she immediately says, "Broder? Broder?" (she's trying to say brother) and starts opening up cupboards and closets looking for him.
  • I have all the Christmas shopping done for our families...now on to playing Santa and buying for the kids!! (I'm armed with my list and scoping out the sales!)
  • Trevor is still pretty obsessed with Trains. He becomes insta friends with anyone who will talk trains with him.
  • I got seven straight hours of sleep last night. It's been a long time since I've gotten that amount of sleep in one night. I feel like I could run a marathon...hmmm, maybe not. ;)
  • Clara is 18 months old...which means in six short months she'll be two. TWO!!!!
  • We picked out pumpkins a few days ago and Trevor just HAD to get a green one. I love that! We plan on painting them today or tomorrow!
  • Trevor is now in the Cherub Choir at our church. He has practice every wednesday night and had his first performance yesterday. He LOVED it!! He had the song down perfectly. Even Clara had it memorized. When the kids started singing, she sang right along with it. I guess that's what happens when she comes along to practices too!!
  • I'm making Clara a tutu for her Halloween costume. I can't wait it get it done and put her it on her!
  • Trevor got to ride on Thomas the Train, meet Sir Topham Hatt, and ride on an old Trolley train for the first time all in one day this summer. It was the best day of his life...and he will tell you so.
  • Clara is becoming quite as train obsessed herself. I knew it was only a matter of time.
  • Clara had her 18 month appointment a few weeks ago. She weighs in at 21lbs 6ozs and is 31 1/2 inches tall. She's so small compared to how big Trevor was at this age.
  • Trevor has been helping me bake cookies!! Last night we made soy butter cookies...I mean, wheat-and egg free-soybutter cookies. They are DELICIOUS!! I think it's the best allergen free cookie that we've made so far. I really couldn't tell the difference with this one!
  • We finally bought Trevor a twin bed. He adjusted really well to it. It has Thomas sheets on it. But, that didn't surprise you did it? Trevor likes to play hide and seek in the bed. I promise I'll share a picture of that one!
  • I put Clara in bed one night. I hear footsteps. I think it's Trevor. It's not. It's Miss Clara. She waves her cute little wave and says in her sweet voice, "Hi". I put up the crib tent. She protested a few nights. Now it's her "princess tent" (I tied a pink bow on top) and she tollerates it. :)
  • Clara loves princess anything. I really thought I had another year or so before that happened.
  • I took Trevor to see his first movie at the theater. It was called 'Thomas and Friends: Hero of the Rails'. I think it traumatized him. You see, Spencer threatend to tell Sir Topham Hatt about the new train, Hiro, and that he should send him to the smelter yards. At that point, Trevor burst into tears and kept asking to leave. We stayed so he could see that everything was going to be alright. However, he told me he didn't want to see any more movies at the theater and that we should just check out the book version (yes he said version) at the library. He's so sensitive and I love that. He can stay innocent for as long as he wants to. It's better than being a 4 year old that is so desensitized to language and violence that nothing phases him, right?
  • Clara says tons of new words every day. She puts two, three, and even four words together, ("car go vroom vroom!" and "broder, where are you?" are two of her longest). She caught on counting to ten from us playing hide and seek every night before bed. Of course she doesn't understand what she is doing but she can recite it! She sings along with the alphabet and loves to sing lots of different songs. Last night she sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star right along with me. so sweet...
  • Trevor is learning to read! He is doing awesome at sounding out words. He does great with -at words right now. In the bath a few days ago he spelled "pat" out of nowhere just by sounding out each letter. He can also write his name and "mom" and "dad". I'm so proud of him! :)
  • At naptime and bedtime, Clara likes to entertain herself by taking her clothes and diaper off and playing with, smearing, and throwing her diaper contents. I've resorted to putting her in one piece sleepers, sometimes backwards if it doesn't have a zipper protector, or putting tights on her then a onesie. So far, she hasn't had success in getting those off.
  • I took Clara to her first storytime a few weeks ago. I was able to take her while Trevor was in preschool. It worked out perfectly. I love getting to spend some one on one time with her doing some of the same activities I did with Trevor when he was this little.
  • Trevor goes to see his allergist on wednesday morning to get a skin prick test for eggs again and also for the flu vaccine (since it has egg in it). We are really hoping he will be able to tollerate getting it this year. And, maybe, just maybe his egg allergy has become less severe.
  • Now it's time to play trains and have the kids help with laundry (they LOVE helping with laundry).

I'll get pics up from the last few months tonight. I'm determined. Really. ;)

No comments: