Tuesday, January 12, 2010

4:10am is TOO EARLY!!

Here is the timeline of our early morning today.

4:10am: Trevor comes into our room with his arms full of stuffed animals and his blanket.
Trevor: Mom, I think we should have a sleepover.
Me: Honey, it's the middle of the night. Please go back to your bed.

4:30am: Trevor comes in again.
Trevor: Mom, can I play in my room?
Me: No, Honey. It's still to early.

5:30am: Trevor is making his way into our room.
Clay is up getting ready for work and stops him and tells him it's still not wake up time.

6:00am: Trevor comes into our room again.
Trevor: Mom, can I play in my room now?
Me: No, Honey. It's not wake up time yet. I get up and get in the shower.

6:20am: I open the bathroom door and Trevor greets me with...wait for it....
"Mom, can I play in my room now?"
Me: Sure honey. You can play quitely in your room now.

I walk to my room thinking I have enough time to get dressed and dry my hair, when...

6:25am: Clara in her crib: Mommmmeeeee! Mommmmmeee!! Out! Out! Out! Mommmmeeee

And so begins our day.... ;)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Your story totally made me think of this night light I saw a few months back that I thought was cool. The
Good Nite Lite (www.goodnitelite.com) has a Sun/Moon and you can set the times when it changes so your child knows when they should be in bed and when they can get up. Not that I think you should run out and buy it, it just reminded me of it. I know this Mom completely enjoys her sleep. ;)