Just thought I'd share a little bit of our day! Here's how we roll...
The kids woke up late today. And by late I mean that Trevor woke up at 7:15 and Clara at 7:30. Believe me. This IS amazing.
We ate breakfast, played, and watched a little PBS kids. You know, Sid, Superwhy, Dinosaur Train. It's what all the cool kids watch. Trevor learns all about things like incline planes and quadrupeds so it's all good.
We roll on over to the library for story time and to play with some friends. It was the last one of this school year and he won't be able to go next year because he'll be in preschool on Wednesday mornings. . I think Thursday will be our new library day in the fall. Yes, I've already been thinking about this.
We drop by the bank and then home for lunch. Sunbutter and jelly sandwiches (Trevor's is on tapioca bread) and apple slices with cinnamon. Oops, I forgot the carrots.
Usually it's a story and then down for nap at this time. However, Clara has been having some "issues" at nap time lately. So, I'm hoping she falls asleep in the car as we drive to a friends house to pick up my CD of the photos she took of Clara. You know, the really sweet ones below. You can scroll down and adore her again if you must. ;)
Before we leave town we stop off at a park to play (to wear them out some more in hopes they will both fall asleep in the car). Trevor makes a new friend named Cannon. Together, in the hour that we were there, they were firefighters, monsters (chasing each other), explorers on a very, very important mission, and other things I couldn't figure out. In the meantime, Clara and I are playing ice cream shop with my keys (as the scooper, what else?). Clara runs off to catch a duck that waddled over near the equipment. Five minutes later, I realize I have no idea where my keys are. Clara says she put them in the "key cubby". Thanks Clara. We are all looking for the keys. Luckily, New Friend Cannon finds them on a slide about ten minutes later.
Car ride is semi disastrous. Clara falls asleep five minutes from our house...on our way back home. Luckily, I get her inside and she sleeps until 4:30. That's when I had to wake her up so we could take Trevor to Soccer.
Trevor runs around learning fun soccer things for 45 minutes while Clara and I chat with friends and take pictures of Trevor.
It's 6pm and I quickly make a few veggie tortilla pizzas and more apple slices. We play. We read some books. We dance a little. Then, it's jammie time and into bed.
I realized I haven't really cleaned anything today. (The pile of laundry on the couch, screaming to be folded, is a great reminder.) So, I decided to dunk some chips ahoy (the original kind, not chewy...because it makes a difference) and write about our day.
Tomorrow's Plans: Helping in Trevor's preschool classroom. He even said he'd share his cubby with me.
Ok, laundry, here I come.
2 comments:
Ok, I LOVE this post. I might have to copy your idea. You know my blog is so exiting with all my lost craziness and occasional picture of Ethan, well I think most people like the pictures of Ethan at least. :)
One day back in January I actually took pictures of EVERYTHING we did (ok minus the potty breaks!). I never got around to posting it but I think I want to do it that way too. And I DEFINITELY want more pictures of your cutie! :)
Post a Comment