Monday, November 17, 2008

A house? With a backyard? And THREE BEDROOMS?!?!?!

And we can afford it?!?!?! Yea! Okay, so....we didn't buy a house. But we ARE renting it for the next few years. We are very excited to have signed the lease on this cute ranch house in the "city". We get the keys on December 1st and we will be moving on the 5th and 6th I believe. We were trying to last the winter in our teeny tiny apartment but due to some rather undesireable tennats that moved in recently below us and across from us....WE NEEDED OUT! But, our cute little (and very very inexpensive) apartment served it's purpose for us and now we get to move on to an actual house for a few years.

At first I wasn't thrilled at it being in the "city" but as I drove around the neighborhood a zillion times I realized that it was actually a nice area that we can call home for awhile. Yes, we still want to buy a house. We still have about 2 1/2 years until Trevor starts kindergarten and that is when we absolutely want to buy a house in our little town that we LOVE! So, after looking around at the houses in our price range that we could buy right now, we decided we could hold off. We want to save more and get ourselves in the best financial position possible before we buy our home. We want our house to be a blessing...not a curse. We want to have enough cash in the bank for all of (okay...MOST) of the "what ifs" that come with owning a home. So, we think we will be very happy renting this house for now.

I'll be emailing our new address soon. Yep, just in time for Christmas Cards! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! YAY!